Disney-Pixar's Brave Tops the Box Office with $66.7 Million
The box office was the home of the Brave over the weekend.
The new Disney-Pixar film Brave, about a Scottish princess, debuted in first place with an estimated 66.7 million dollars.
After two weekends on top, Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted fell to the second spot, collecting 20.2 million dollars.
The thriller Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter opened in third place, with 16.5 million, and the Steve Carell-Keira Knightley comedy Seeking a Friend for the End of the World bowed in 10th place, with 3.8 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday, June 22nd, through Sunday, June 24th, with estimated ticket sales:
1. Brave, $66.7 million.
2. Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted, $20.2 million.
3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, $16.5 million.
4. Prometheus, $10 million.
5. Snow White and the Huntsman, $8.01 million.
6. Rock of Ages, $8 million.
7. That’s My Boy, $7.9 million.
8. Marvel’s The Avengers, $7 million.
9. Men in Black 3, $5.6 million.
10. Seeking a Friend for the End of the World, $3.8 million.
Provided by ABC News Radio